Friday, August 6, 2010

Furniture Frenzy and Recycling Mayhem

I am in the market for some furniture. I need everything: a mattress, couch, coffee table, entertainment center and probably more.

Now my biggest worries are whether I should succumb to my love for IKEA furniture or brave the bed bugs from used furniture. Talk about moral turmoil! I am currently checking Craigslist, like a good environmentalist.

Research suggests that I should look for the FSC logo - Forest Stewardship Council. IKEA carries some products with the logo.

Next step is Florence Antique Mall, yard sales perhaps a few secondhand furniture stores.

Other than that, I have been looking into recycling at my apartment complex. They do not YET offer curbside. Although, I have tracked down a public recycling bin close-by.

Shew. I'm already worn out from getting this place put together for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment