Monday, August 30, 2010

Spinach and Litterbugs

We'll start on a positive note: food. I love buying my own food. Seems simple enough, right? But you don't realize how much freedom grocery shopping allows until someone else fills the cabinet with butt busting yummies. Since I have been in my new apartment I have lost ten pounds.

As my collegiate budget permits I am buying organic and all natural. My eggs are cage free, my spinach liberated of plastic wrappings and I eat soy milk with my cereal. Hurray! I am proud to say I have even started reading vegetarian cookbooks. I vow to give some recipes a try, as terrifying as the results may be.

Another uplifting aspect of my new life is school transportation. I have two excellent sources of such... my legs! I live amazingly close to school and the walks have been terrific. I am also on the bus route and public transportation also suites my fancy for days of extreme weather.

Now for some negative updates... I hate litter. So that's not news, I know I know but just yesterday while driving home, my boyfriend and I had to pull over on the highway. A sheet of industrial plastic, LITTER, had wrapped itself around my tire. Not only was this inconvenient, it was incredibly dangerous. More than 50% of litter comes from motorists and yet roadways are the worst place to dispose of your unwanted items.

No comments:

Post a Comment